January 2, 2012

NEW

Happy New Year!

I loved that January 1st fell on a Sunday this year, it was great to be able to start 2012 worshipping together with our church!  If you were away you will want to catch up with Pastor Brett's message on the website soon.  In his introduction he encouraged us that "God is about doing new things in you" this year.  "God loves new".

I am reminded of Israel Houghton's song 'Moving Forward' in which he sings...

I'm not going back, I'm moving ahead
Here to declare to You my past is over in You
All things are made new, surrendered my life to Christ
I'm moving, moving forward

You make all things new
Yes, You make all things new and I will follow you forward
You make all things new
Yes, You make all things new and I will follow you forward

Take a listen to this clip of Israel Houghton singing his song and consider: what new thing will God do in you this year?

Lucy

No comments: